Monday, August 01, 2005

Attention Daily Kos: Mediacrity is Special!

Mamma Mediacrity always used to tell me, when I was a little media blog, that I was "really something special." So it was with a heavy heart that I read the following in the Daily Kos, describing a trip to a Republican gathering:

"I had a friendly conversation with Don Irvine at Accuracy In Media booth about MediaMatters.org and asked if there was a conservative equivalent. We both cited plenty of websites that claim to be 'fact checkers' with various political slants, but he was unable to come up with any that follow the Media Matters model.

". . . We both agreed that conservatives really should get a similar website going to help hold the media accountable [self-serving bloviation deleted]. . .Irvine couldn't think of any, but gave me a brochure with a website listed that he thought might be similar to Media Matters, though he had not personally visited the website to know for sure. The website on the brochure wasn't anything special."

Note the link -- this here blog! Well, it's kinda nice that this part-time, amateur, free-site Blogspot blog is being mentioned as a "conservative" equivalent of the massive, slick , professional, mind-numbingly conventional MediaMatters. I don't much care for that "conservative" label, but I do a lot of labeling myself so I can't be too dogmatic about that. However, let's make something clear:

My mother said I am special. My mother is always right. Watch it, bub.

Glad for the analogy, though. Now, where's my funding?