Friday, August 05, 2005

The New York Times Dejudaizies Jerusalem

Discussing an archeological find south of the Old City, the New York Times today feels an urgent need to give a platform to Palestinian swill de-Judaizing the history of Jerusalem: "as many Palestinians have said, including the late Yasir Arafat, the idea of a Jewish origin in Jerusalem is a myth used to justify conquest and occupation."

Well, I suppose every Christian Sunday School kid knows that Jesus chased the moneychangers from the mosque on the Temple Mount. A reader points me to the PaleoJudaica blog for a more thorough dissertation on the subject. The blog's author, referring to a Palestinian quoted in the piece, observes: "Now I look forward to Professor Nur el-Din's condemnation of the Palestinian Authority's false claims that there never were Jewish Temples on the Temple Mount. If he has gone on record about this, please send me the reference so I can link to it."